Central banker Arseniy Yatsenyuk was appointed as Ukraine’s Prime Minister after violence erupted in the capitol. Yatenyuk calls for UKRAINE TO FULFILL ALL IMF REQUIREMENTS.
Meanwhile the elected Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych fled for safety to neighboring Russia.
Many in February 22, 2014 reported this as a Coup d’Etat in Ukraine.
No public elections have been held, news reports had May 25, 2014 as the date for new elections.
Yet interestingly a new government is being formed with support from the United States and the European Union?
The elected Prime Minister, Viktor Yanukovych now in Russia, still asserts he is the true Prime minister.
- The Ukrainian Air Force 240th tactical aviation brigade based near Sevastopol has pledged allegiance to the authorities of Crimea. It is manned by more than 800 troops and has almost 50 planes, although most of them are not operational.
- “Today the command of the 204th base in Belbek has declared that it stands with the people or Crimea,” a spokesman for the local authorities told Interfax.
- With the addition of the personnel of the base, the total strength of Crimean military has almost reached 6,000 people, he said.
- Crimean authorities earlier denounced the self-proclaimed government in Kiev and declared that all Ukrainian law enforcement and military deployed in the peninsula must take orders from them. The majority of troops in Crimea switched sides in favor of the local authorities.
- Among those pledging allegiance to Crimea is Rear admiral Denis Berezovsky, who was appointed by Kiev last week as chief of the Ukrainian Navy, but swore to serve the people of Crimea on Monday.
Effectively central banker Arseniy Yatsenyuk is relying on NATO and United States’ forces to save him as Russia has ignored all his calls for dialogue.
See Zerohedge for more.
Keep your attention on May 25, 2014 for Ukrainian elections…