Former Congressman Ron Paul said the US knows ‘more than it is telling’ about the Malaysian aircraft that crashed in eastern Ukraine last month, killing 298 people on board and seriously damaging US-Russian relations in the process. –rt.com
Below are important geopolitical developments as the U.S. gov attempt to demonize Putin and Russia as political scapegoats for the escalation of world war, but instead of winning public support for military intervention draws increasing opposition. Aware people have zero trust in institutions, and as truth seekers research and investigate all claims made by officials and executives within the major institutions the lies are revealed.
Below are several reports about Malaysia Airliner MH17 destruction that contradicts White House statements. The U.S. gov used early statements to blame Russia for the MH17 destruction and to sanction Russia, and increase Ukrainian and NATO military forces.
Do not trust U.S. gov, Russian gov, NATO, or any other institution.
Too few facts have been revealed to reach a final definitive conclusion, however the fact that some governments have stated for certain that Russia is guilty in the destruction of MH17 and make policy changes based on those statements reveals a hidden agenda behind their controversial activities. Do your research and think for yourself. ~Ron
Bloomberg reported, citing Defense minister Rob Nicholson speaking in Trenton, Ontario, that Canada, a NATO member, will send military equipment to Ukraine.
PUTRAJAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK): Malaysia has declared Aug 22 as a national day of mourning for victims of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, when the remains of 15 victims will be brought back to Malaysia on a special flight.
MH17: AG, IGP to leave for Amsterdam tomorrow
By KOI KYE LEE 14 August 201 http://www.nst.com.my/node/23121
PUTRAJAYA: Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail and Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar will be leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow. Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said both of them would be there to resolve several legislation pertaining to the tragedy of downed Malaysia Airlines (MAS) MH17.
This came after the Ukrainian government had ratified the agreement on Tuesday, which would allow 90 non-military personnel from Malaysia to join the Dutch-led team to facilitate the recovery of remains from the crash site. The agreement was ratified following discussions between Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak and Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko.
Malaysia wants the ‘missing’ Ukrainian ATC tapes
By HARIS HUSSAIN AND TASNIM LOKMAN 8 August 2014 http://www.nst.com.my/node/21260
KUALA LUMPUR: UKRAINE has denied that its State Security Service (SBU) had seized the air-to-ground transmission tapes between its air traffic controllers and Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 on the day the jetliner was shot down.
Its ambassador to Malaysia Ihor Humennyi, in an exclusive interview with the New Straits Times, said that reports alleging that the SBU had seized the recordings had not been independently verified or confirmed by Kiev.
“There is no proof or any evidence that the tapes were confiscated by the SBU.
“I only read this in the newspapers.”
Almost immediately after the shootdown, several news agencies, including the British Broadcasting Corporation, carried reports saying that Ukraine’s SBU security service had confiscated recordings of conversations between Ukrainian air traffic control officers and the crew of the doomed airliner.
If indeed the SBU had not seized the tapes, then where are the air-to-ground communications tapes between MH17 and the ATC?
When asked this, Humennyi said he did not have the answers.
Asked if the tapes had been handed over to the investigators, Humennyi said: “We don’t have any information that it had not been given to the investigation team or that it was not received by the (team of international) investigators.
Humennyi said that if a formal request was made by Malaysia or the international investigation team, Ukraine would extend its cooperation. At one point, Humennyi seemed to question the significance of the ATC tapes, saying that “it is just the same as the flight
data and cockpit voice recorders”.
Aviation experts, however, point to the recordings as being another crucial layer of evidence in piecing together the events leading up to the point of missile impact with the airliner and the massive explosive decompression and airframe break-up that followed as the Boeing 777-200 plummeted 33,000 feet to the ground, killing all 298 passengers on board.
Equally puzzling is the international investigation team’s apparent snail’s pace at requesting for the tapes from Ukrainian ATC.
Three weeks into the tragedy and the Ukrainians have yet to receive any formal request for the tapes.
Yesterday, when asked, Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail said Malaysia would make a formal request for the ATC recordings.
However, he did not commit to a definite timeline.
Read More: http://www.nst.com.my/node/21260
U.S. analysts conclude MH17 downed by aircraft
By Haris Hussain 7 August 2014 http://www.nst.com.my/node/20925
KUALA LUMPUR: INTELLIGENCE analysts in the United States had already concluded that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air missile, and that the Ukrainian government had had something to do with it.
This corroborates an emerging theory postulated by local investigators that the Boeing 777-200 was crippled by an air-to-air missile and finished off with cannon fire from a fighter that had been shadowing it as it plummeted to earth.
In a damning report dated Aug 3, headlined “Flight 17 Shoot-Down Scenario Shifts”, Associated Press reporter Robert Parry said “some US intelligence sources had concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame”.
This new revelation was posted on GlobalResearch, an independent research and media organisation.
In a statement released by the Ukrainian embassy on Tuesday, Kiev denied that its fighters were airborne during the time MH17 was shot down. This follows a statement released by the Russian Defence Ministry that its air traffic control had detected Ukrainian Air Force activity in the area on the same day.
They also denied all allegations made by the Russian government and said the country’s core interest was in ensuring an immediate, comprehensive, transparent and unbiased international investigation into the tragedy by establishing a state commission comprising experts from the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and Eurocontrol.
“We have evidence that the plane was downed by Russian-backed terrorist with a BUK-M1 SAM system (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation reporting name SA-11) which, together with the crew, had been supplied from Russia. This was all confirmed by our intelligence, intercepted telephone conversations of the terrorists and satellite pictures.
“At the same time, the Ukrainian Armed Forces have never used any anti-aircraft missiles since the anti-terrorist operations started in early April,” the statement read.
Yesterday, the New Straits Times quoted experts who had said that photographs of the blast fragmentation patterns on the fuselage of the airliner showed two distinct shapes — the shredding pattern associated with a warhead packed with “flechettes”, and the more uniform, round-type penetration holes consistent with that of cannon rounds.
Parry’s conclusion also stemmed from the fact that despite assertions from the Obama administration, there has not been a shred of tangible evidence to support the conclusion that Russia supplied the rebels with the BUK-M1 anti-aircraft missile system that would be needed to hit a civilian jetliner flying at 33,000 feet.
Parry also cited a July 29 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation interview with Michael Bociurkiw, one of the first Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) investigators to arrive at the scene of the disaster, near Donetsk.
Bociurkiw is a Ukrainian-Canadian monitor with OSCE who, along with another colleague, were the first international monitors to reach the wreckage after flight MH17 was brought down over eastern Ukraine.
In the CBC interview, the reporter in the video preceded it with: “The wreckage was still smouldering when a small team from the OSCE got there. No other officials arrived for days”.
“There have been two or three pieces of fuselage that have been really pockmarked with what almost looks like machinegun fire; very, very strong machinegun fire,” Bociurkiw said in the interview.
Parry had said that Bociurkiw’s testimony is “as close to virgin, untouched evidence and testimony as we’ll ever get. Unlike a black-box interpretation-analysis long afterward by the Russian, British or Ukrainian governments, each of which has a horse in this race, this testimony from Bociurkiw is raw, independent and comes from one of the two earliest witnesses to the physical evidence.
“That’s powerfully authoritative testimony. Bociurkiw arrived there fast because he negotiated with the locals for the rest of the OSCE team, who were organising to come later,” Parry had said.
Retired Lufthansa pilot Peter Haisenko had also weighed in on the new shootdown theory with Parry and pointed to the entry and exit holes centred around the cockpit.
“You can see the entry and exit holes. The edge of a portion of the holes is bent inwards. These are the smaller holes, round and clean, showing the entry points most likely that of a 30mm caliber projectile.
“The edge of the other, the larger and slightly frayed exit holes, show shreds of metal pointing produced by the same caliber projectiles. Moreover, it is evident that these exit holes of the outer layer of the double aluminum reinforced structure are shredded or bent — outwardly.”
He deduced that in order to have some of those holes fraying inwardly, and the others fraying outwardly, there had to have been a second fighter firing into the cockpit from the airliner’s starboard side. This is critical, as no surface-fired missile (or shrapnel) hitting the airliner could possibly punch holes into the cockpit from both sides of the plane.
“It had to have been a hail of bullets from both sides that brought the plane down. This is Haisenko’s main discovery. You can’t have projectiles going in both directions — into the left-hand-side fuselage panel from both its left and right sides — unless they are coming at the panel from different directions.
“Nobody before Haisenko had noticed that the projectiles had ripped through that panel from both its left side and its right side. This is what rules out any ground-fired missile,” Parry had said.
Addendum: 14 Aug 2014 5PM EDT
EU-Russia ‘trade war’ to finish within 3 months – Danish biggest lender
Reciprocal trade sanctions by Russia and the EU should not last longer than 3 months, as both economies will feel they can’t afford that, according to experts from Denmark’s largest bank, Danske Bank.
“We believe an escalating trade war would be unbearable for both Russia and the EU, and that the EU will revoke the sanctions within one to three months, with Russia abolishing its own sanctions,” said the bank’s report called ‘The Ukrainian Crisis: the Nordic angle’.
The report focuses on Nordic markets and said that should energy become involved in the dispute, the losses for both Russia and the EU would be sky-high.
Russia is Europe’s biggest gas supplier providing about 30 percent of the region’s total demand.
Experts say the Ukrainian crisis will have a modest direct impact on the European economy, with the biggest risk coming from negative sentiment.
Finland is thought of as the most vulnerable country, and is expected to contract 0.2 percent this year. This is because the country’s trade, tourism and foreign direct investment are closely connected with Russia and Ukraine.
Scandinavian countries are expected to feel a limited affect. Norway may even benefit from sanctions long term, if Europe starts using Norwegian gas as an alternative to Russian supplies, the report concluded.