This is another bizarre event killing bankers, and the anomalies that jumped at my curiosity: Contrary to Hollywood myth – Cars usually do not explode in accidents, and they rarely explode so hugely that an entire train car is engulfed in flames hot enough to melt windows!
You know what this means: Investigators Must Follow The Money Trails!
* …the deadliest crash in the history of the New York commuter railroad, a safety official said.
* What caused the UNCOMMON explosion in the collision? [reminds me of the Michael Hastings journalist accident/murder]. https://ronmamita.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/real-journalists-ask-was-it-murder-or-a-accident/
* Mercedes-Benz SUV moved into the path of Metro-North train, [note: the expensive and “state of the art” automobile brand is suspected to be vulnerable to both explosions and remote control, electronically?]
As astonishing as it may sound, it was revealed that all car manufacturers have been forced to install remote-control driving systems in their products since 2008.
[still-classified government order, no automobile manufacturer is allowed to produce cars without having these automated systems in place.]
and Michael Hastings was also driving a Mercedes in a DEADLY Fire Explosion.
At the time of Michael Hastings death, suddenly many unknowns became known about the vulnerability of modern technology to remote control and specifically about the safety of the expensive and expertly engineered Mercedes brand to alarmingly be explosion prone in crashes?
1. Ellen Brody was killed in the collision along with train passengers – her lost story is important.
2. Walter Liedtke, European paintings curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art;
3. $ Eric Vandercar, a senior managing director for Mesirow Financial;
4. Robert Dirks, a scientist with D. E. Shaw Research;
5. $ Joseph Nadol, Managing director at JP Morgan; and
6. $ Aditya Tomar of J.P. Morgan. [were all of them BOLI‘ed (Bankers’ insurance)?
Likely, at minimum the $3 direct financial execs were BOLI insured.]
Serious investigators and researchers need to ask and answer these disturbing questions.
Ellen Brody, Jewish wife of? A 49-year-old mother of three, and worker in a jewelry shop…
She re-entered the Mercedes car and watched as the train collided with her? -Oh Really!
Who was that eye witness? Is he telling the truth? Why did he not help her?
Is it possible that Ellen Brody was unable to exit or operate the car because it had been remotely locked and controlled?
Why and How was there a car explosion? What explosives were in the car?
Below is a starting point for discussing another deadly banker mystery. ~Ron.
http://removingtheshackles.blogspot.com/2015/02/3-jp-morgan-bankers-pharmaceutical.html – I’m sure everyone one has already heard this news story:
A Train crashed into an SUV in NY, killing 6 people.
I’m sure you’ve heard the story, but have you looked into it?
V E R Y Interesting.
…. Just a few different articles and pieces of research below… I’ve highlighted some of the most interesting pieces. ~ d
PS: Contrary to urban (Hollywood) myth: Cars usually do not explode in accidents, and they rarely explode so hugely that an entire train car is engulfed in flames hot enough to melt windows.
pps: both the train operator and the conductor survived…
Wife of banker killed in train crash was told he was ‘fine’ and could be picked up in the morning after heartbreaking hospital mixup
- JP Morgan employee Aditya Tomar, 41, was one of six victim who died in the Tuesday crash in Valhalla, New York
- When wife rushed to hospital to see if he survived the accident, she claims she was told he was ‘fine’ and just undergoing X-rays
- She learned the next day that Tomar had in fact perished
That person also told Reshma to go home and come back in the morning, but her brother remained suspicious that all was well.
JP Morgan Chase executive Aditya Tomar killed in New York train crash
Aditya Tomar, 41, a JPMorgan Chase & Co. vice president for technology, supporting the bank’s asset-management team, was among the six people killed in the February 3 horrific commuter Metro-North Railroad train accident in New York’s Westchester County….
NTSB: Emergency brake applied in deadly N.Y. rail crash
…Brody’s actions behind the wheel moments before the crash are a focus of the investigation, officials said.
Eric Vandercar, Morgan Stanley Veteran, Dies in Crash
(Bloomberg) – Eric Vandercar, who managed municipal funding during a 27-year career at Morgan Stanley before joining Mesirow Financial one year ago, was among the six people killed when a Metro-North Railroad train collided with a vehicle in Westchester County, New York. He was 53.
….Vandercar joined Mesirow’s New York office in March as a senior managing director in
institutional sales and trading and head of municipal funding, according to an e-mailed statement from Deborah Krieps, a managing director at the Chicago-based firm.
At Morgan Stanley, he was a municipal bond arbitrage trader and a municipal and treasury portfolio strategist before becoming manager of municipal funding and liquidity in 1989, according to his LinkedIn.com page.
At both firms, Vandercar’s specialties included tender-option bond programs, which issue short-term securities, use the proceeds to buy longer-maturity local-government obligations, and profit from the difference in interest rates.
(Bloomberg) – Robert Dirks, a scientist at D.E. Shaw Research whose work was intended for the development of new drugs, was killed in the commuter train crash in Valhalla, New York, on Feb. 3. He was 36.
His death in the Metro-North Railroad accident was confirmed by his father, Michael Dirks, who said his son lived in Chappaqua, New York.
“Robert was a brilliant scientist who made tremendous contributions to our own research, and to the broader scientific community,” New York-based D.E. Shaw Research said today in
an e-mailed statement.
Dirks, who joined the company in 2006, was “involved in the development of novel computational chemistry methods,” according to its website. D.E. Shaw Research creates computer models of organic molecules for use in drug development.
About D. E. Shaw Research
D. E. Shaw Research (“DESRES”) is engaged in scientific research in the field of computational biochemistry, including
- The design of novel algorithms and machine architectures for high-speed molecular dynamics (MD) simulations of proteins and other biological macromolecules. In particular, we have designed and constructed a specialized supercomputer called Anton, which executes such simulations orders of magnitude faster than was previously possible, along with a number of software tools and techniques that facilitate their execution and analysis.
- The use of long MD simulations to study the structural changes underlying biological phenomena that occur on time scales far in excess of those previously accessible to computational study, with the ultimate aim of significantly advancing the process of drug development. We have been investigating, for example, the mechanisms of certain cellular receptors, transport proteins, and enzymes relevant to the understanding and potential treatment of cancer, diabetes, and other diseases.
A global investment and technology
The D. E. Shaw group is a global investment and technology development firm with more than 1,000 employees, approximately $34 billion in investment capital as of October 1, 2014, and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since our founding in 1988, our firm has earned an international reputation for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality and depth of our staff. We have a significant presence in the world’s capital markets, investing in a wide range of companies and financial instruments in both developed and developing economies.
D. E. Shaw Research (DESRES) is a privately held biochemistry research company based in New York City. Under the scientific direction of David E. Shaw, the group’s chief scientist, D. E. Shaw Research develops technologies for molecular dynamics simulations (including Anton,  a massively parallel special-purpose supercomputer, and Desmond, a software package for use on conventional computers and computer clusters) and applies such simulations to basic scientific research in structural biology and biochemistry, and to the process of computer-aided drug design.
Three Victims of Metro-North Crash: All Men, Each Bringing His Best
….Joseph Nadol, 42, of Ossining, traveled regularly to places like Italy, Spain and Singapore with his wife and three boys, ages 10, 9 and 7, said his wife, Jen Nadol.
He skied with his family every weekend. Just last week, he traveled to Arizona to see his beloved New England Patriots win the Super Bowl.
“He was really adventurous, active,” Ms. Nadol said. “He did wring out every bit of the minutes. He grabbed life and did live it very fully in the amount of time he had.”
Mr. Nadol was the managing director and the head of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s aerospace and defense equity research.
Known as an astute analyst, he held the No. 1 spot in the aerospace and defense sector of Institutional Investor’s All-American Research Team rankings for the past six years, the publication said.