Cyber warfare, cyber terrorism and cyber attacks have been in the news and the government’s list for war.
This mega-banking cyber heist has been going on for at least Two Years!
How can banks go unaware of hundreds of millions missing from their accounts?
Recall that the heist went unreported and was discovered by a chain of events from Kiev, Ukraine?
How unsecured might the banking, financial, and exchange market computers be?
One should ask how unsecured are all computers? ~Ron
[ADDENDUM: 23 Feb 2015 To emphasize an important suspicion that I only hinted at in the above comment.
There is no evidence provided for us to accept the cyber crime story as truth.
There are many Red Flags! Meaning: expect major cyber ops in the monetary system to justify policies and legislation!]
Carbanak cybergang steals $1 billion from 100 banks in 30 countries.
International Hacking Group Steals $300 Million – Global Digital Banking System Not Secure
– An investigation into the attacks – which was conducted by Kaspersky Lab, a Russian cyber-security company – began following an incident in Kiev where an A.T.M. started issuing cash spontaneously in 2013.
– Including JP Morgan, and over 100 banking and financial institutions in 30 different countries across the world…
– Banking groups make no comment
– Details expose incredible systemic vulnerability
– Banks in Switzerland, the U.S., Japan, the Netherlands and particularly Russia were targeted in the past two years.
– Global network of cyber-criminals using false bank accounts at JP Morgan Chase in the U.S. and Agricultural Bank of China.
“The investigation uncovered – though it could not identify – a global network of cyber-criminals using false bank accounts at JP Morgan Chase in the U.S. and Agricultural Bank of China. The figure of $300 million is a conservative estimate and Kaspersky Lab speculate that the true figure may be closer to $900 million.”