Google/Youtube censorship causes a new trend
Alternatives, to Google’s search engine that censors information along with their subsidiary corporate video sharing platform known as Youtube, are receiving increasing traffic and users – alternatives such as:
- Dtube… blockchain version of youtube with more competitors announcing they are coming!
The rapid initial rise of DTube.video appears to be achieving some success. But a dearth of traffic data on the “site” itself – and the fact it has not yet been tested nor have any long-term data, and they haven’t tested by the predatory (regulatory) Feds – means we must maintain a watch. Nevertheless, there is heavy interest in this new platform. DTube’s creator granted an on-camera interview to PressForTruth.ca. What is impressive about DTube is how its interface is intuitive for anyone familiar with YouTube.
- BitChute… is powered by WebTorrent. WebTorrent is an independent project started by Feross Aboukhadijeh in October 2013 and is the first torrent client that works in the browser. YEP, THAT’S RIGHT. THE BROWSER.
Bitchute: “believe people should be able to express their opinions and choose their topics. If existing services cannot allow that, then let’s make some that will. The question is, how to disrupt a platform as well established as YouTube? It cannot be on their terms; we think we might have an answer, decentralization by torrents and tailored matchups for monetization. *More on the monetization to come soon”Rather than needing massive data centers with humongous bandwidth costs, torrents depend on many people sharing videos from their home computers. While this has been possible for many years through bit torrent, bit torrent applications have steep learning curves; this site aims to make the torrent experience seamless by working entirely in the web browser.
- freedom.social…”Truth Seekers and Activists Platform Similar to Facebook and Youtube. Lets unite, be decent people, and win our freedom and juctice”…
- diaspora… is a privacy-aware, distributed, open source social network
Many independent servers have instances running the diaspora software. See:
choose a pod; and information that is most relevant to those looking to signup.
- Startpage… With Startpage (IxQuick) you can remain invisible while searching the internet, and acts as an intermediary between you and Google.
- DuckDuckGo…traffic increased tremendously for this search engine!
Search the internet without the tracking. Read more.
More Alternatives Are In Development
Keep a watch for new platforms.
I’ve been using both DuckDuckGo and IxQuick (Startpage, “the world’s most private search engine”), as my regular search engines in my effort to boycott Google.
I also routinely use Internet Archive for information sharing.
The important thing to remember is there are information sharing alternatives as you search for truth.
Title: DuckDuckGo sees massive surge in users, after Google censorship
Video posted 03 September 2017 by The Outer Light